What are the important aspect of training in achieving a successful business? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
Answer by Bo Ghirardelli, Co-founder and CEO at Skysthelimit.org, on Quora:
Entrepreneurship is something you learn by doing, so there is no training that can fully prepare you to start a business. I don’t believe someone with an MBA is necessarily any better prepared to start a business than someone without that formal education. My approach is to have a growth mindset. I view entrepreneurship as a skill that can be learned and improved through practice.
You can develop your entrepreneurial skill set by practicing some key skills:
- Fail but grow: Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, but also make sure to view any failures and challenges as a part of the learning process and as opportunities for growth.
- Get out of your comfort zone: Don’t limit yourself to only actions that you’re comfortable with, take some risks in order to grow.
- Commit and take time: Set aside time daily to refocus your energy on your vision and goals, and to reflect on your day.
- Seek advice: In addition to reading and Googling, find experienced mentors who have been there. Learning from their experiences and mistakes can save you valuable time.
- Embrace criticism: You don’t have to heed all advice, but be open to feedback and accepting of constructive criticism.
Also, pay attention to your own fixed-mindset triggers. When we face challenges, receive criticism, or perform more poorly than others, we can easily fall into insecurity or defensiveness, a response that inhibits growth. Be aware of your triggers and be quick to correct them. Don’t let your ego get in the way of your success.
This question originally appeared on Quora – the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world. You can follow Quora on Twitter and Facebook. More questions: